After teeth, whitening treatment here are some tips to keep your teeth whiter
At Ironside Advanced Dental in Sydney, we offer a range of cosmetic dentistry treatments to improve the appearance of your teeth. Dr Ironside will restore your smile to a beautiful, natural-looking appearance.
Treatments on offer include:
If you have had your teeth whitened we have some simple steps to ensuring you can keep your treated teeth, naturally beautiful.
7 ways to keep your smile brighter after treatment
Did you know that they are foods that can help keep your teeth healthy and white?
- Carrots: Raw carrots make you chew more than you normally would, which is a good thing. Chewing creates more saliva and this neutralises acids and enzymes that threaten your enamel.
- Cauliflower: Raw cauliflower is like raw carrots in that it also produces enamel-protecting salvia.
- Cheese: Acid eats away at enamel that protects your teeth. That is why cheese is so beneficial. The calcium and phosphorus found in cheese—as well as sulphur and nitrogen—contains compounds that could potentially (maybe) ward off cancer tumours.
- Salmon: Similar to cheese, salmon also produces enamel-building phosphorus which is good for protecting teeth against bacteria.
- Apples: The rough texture of this fruit has a scrubbing effect on plaque-covered teeth and gums. Also, the malic acid can slightly lighten tooth colour.
- Spinach: This creates enamel-building magnesium, and leafy greens also don’t have enamel-harming acidity.
- Strawberries: The ascorbic acid can have a slight brightening effect. They are also able to suppress bacteria growth because they are packed with polyphenols.
Other ways to help keep your teeth white
If you drink coffee or tea, then drinking water afterwards will decrease the staining effects of these drinks. At our dental practice located in Sydney, we offer ZOOM! Tooth Whitening. This is a fast and effective in-office teeth whitening treatment. It only takes an hour appointment and can whiten your teeth up to eight shades.
Other ways that you can whiten your teeth is with dental veneers or dental crowns. Even though dental crowns are primarily used for restorative purposes many patients have had dental crowns because they last longer than veneers and can restore a tooth to its natural-looking appearance.
Unlike the relatively simply ZOOM! Tooth Whitening treatment, the process of dental crowns and veneers takes two appointments. The first appointment is the where the tooth (or teeth) are prepared and impressions are taken. During this appointment, temporaries will be fitted while the permanent restorations are created in a lab.
The second appointment your temporaries will be removed and the permanent restorations bonded to your tooth.
Ironside Advanced Dental Care
At our Sydney dental practice, Dr Ironside is a trained prosthodontist, which means he specialises in cosmetic dentistry. If you have any cosmetic dental concerns or are curious about what treatment would best suit your smile, talk to the team at Ironside Advanced Dental today.