Dental health is extremely important, not just for your mouth but also for your body
At Ironside Advanced Dental in Sydney, we believe that prevention is always better than a cure, and by ensuring the health of your mouth you can also help make sure your body is in good health, too!
Did you know your gums are a gateway into your oral health? A lot can be told from the health of your gums, as they provide the foundations for strong healthy teeth. When the teeth or gums are affected by decay or periodontal disease, the balance of the mouth is affected and can cause substantial damage to your oral and overall health!
Did you know the inflammation caused by periodontal disease could be causing other issues within your body?
There have been many studies on the subject, and they all came to the same conclusion: gum disease (also known as periodontal disease) is directly linked to either causing or exacerbating illness in the body such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, dementia and Alzheimer’s. This means it is now more important than ever to ensure the health of your mouth, and you can do this by being proactive about your oral health. We suggest taking the following preventive measures:
- Visiting us every six months for a regular dental check-up.
- Regular professional cleaning and dental examination can prevent more serious problems from occurring and enable you to maintain good oral health for longer.
- Between visits, it’s important you take care of your teeth by brushing twice a day and flossing daily. It’s also a good idea to use an antiseptic mouthwash to eliminate germs, prevent gum disease and eliminate bad breath.
At Ironside Advanced Dental we have a wide range of preventive dental treatments that can effectively ensure the health of your teeth and gums. These include:
- Dental Sealants – These are thin protective layers that are coated over the chewing surface of the tooth, which protects it from tooth decay. They are effective in reducing the need for fillings by creating an even chewing surface and minimising the risk of food debris becoming stuck in the ‘trenches’ of the back teeth. They can be colour-matched to the shade of your teeth so they are virtually invisible!
- Dental Bonding – For teeth that are discoloured, chipped or cracked, bonding provides an excellent solution to restore the look of your smile. This can also help protect the tooth from decay by coating the tooth with a bonding liquid and placing a plastic resin over the top.
- Sleep Dentistry – Stop yourself or your partner from snoring with our sleep dentistry appliances, which can help prevent a more serious condition called sleep apnoea.
If you are unsure how best to take care of your smile between visits, please do not hesitate to call our friendly and attentive team for superior dental advice on maintaining optimal oral health.