Why should I replace my missing teeth?
Apart from obvious aesthetic reasons, it is imperative that you replace your missing teeth to maintain the health and function of your mouth. Missing teeth can cause:
- Your existing teeth to migrate to fill the void
- Uneven and premature tooth wear
- Changes to your bite alignment and tension
- Your jaw bone to deteriorate
- Changes to the shape and size of your jaw
- Distortion of your facial structure and appearance.
It is important to find a suitable replacement for your missing tooth as soon as possible, as these changes begin to occur in the weeks following tooth loss. At Ironside Advanced Dental, we can provide a highly advanced solution to tooth loss in our Sydney dental practice.
Dental implants are a revolutionary solution to tooth loss
Unlike traditional tooth replacement treatments such as bridges and dentures, dental implants can effectively mimic the form, function and appearance of a natural tooth, and are a permanent solution to tooth loss. This is because dental implants are made of a titanium alloy that is highly biocompatible with your natural jaw bone material, and act as a replacement to your natural tooth root.
Dental implants are essentially “screws” that are placed into your jawbone at the site where you have experienced tooth loss. Over a period of months, the dental implants fully integrate with your jaw bone (a process called osseointegration), providing a solid and permanent foundation for prosthetic tooth replacements such as crowns, bridges or dentures.
The benefits of dental implants…
- Dental implants appear, feel and perform like natural teeth.
- You will be able to eat your favourite foods without pain and irritation.
- The integrity of the adjacent teeth is maintained as they do not have to be altered to support a conventional bridge.
- Dental implants prevent bone loss and allow you to retain your healthy jaw structure.
Dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss and with proper maintenance can support a lifetime of oral health.